We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Oversee and direct construction projects from inception to completion.
- Lead the project team in scheduling, cost control and performance decisions.
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors and employees.
- Work closely with estimators, operations and engineers to prepare final bids.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction activities and ensure they are in compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Allocate resources where appropriate and review the project to achieve safety, maintain schedule, cost and scope of work.
- Work with the superintendent to review and prepare a needs assessment of tools, materials and equipment.
- Meet all contractual conditions of performance.
- Continually staying on top of daily work progress; make any adjustments necessary.
- Prepare and report on job status.
- Negotiate terms of agreement, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Manage and maintain budgets.
- Engage in planning and executing work procedures; interpret specifications, coordinate various phases of construction to prevent delays and review change orders.
- Consult with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve issues.
- Evaluate and report on project performance to management, clients and stakeholders.
- Act as a primary spokesperson to represent the company’s scope of work, schedule, financial commitments and performance.
- Maintain client focus while achieving project and stakeholder objectives.
As a successful candidate for this position, you will have:
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree would be considered an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset.
- 5 years’ or more of progressive experience in the Earthworks and/or Road Construction industry.
- Experience with Primavera.
- Experience in estimating and scheduling large scale projects as well as utilizing estimating software such as Bid2Win.
- Knowledge of pavement, gravel and construction is required; knowledge in geosynthetics and geotechnical design is considered as asset.
- Must have an understanding of construction terms and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Understanding of public relation skills.
- Must be able to use creative and innovative solutions to design and implement projects of high quality.
Whether it’s mud, muskeg, or extreme weather conditions, we understand that every hour without access stands in the way of success. Our Philosophy: Access Granted. Guaranteed. No matter how complicated. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
Send us your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com