Steel Frame Rig Mats – Our Superior Choice for Your Heaviest Loads and Toughest Access
When you need to move and set very heavy equipment such as oil rigs and large tanks in the nastiest mud-ugly conditions, steel frame rig mats may well be your fit-for-purpose choice. Similar in load bearing capacity as crane mats but much tougher and longer lasting, rig mats come in various designs and configurations.
Paradox Access Solutions’ has two superior designs – cross-beam or glue-laminated blocks. Advantages:
- heavier gauge (schedule 80) steel with 3-beam and 4-beam frame options
- full-penetration welds – all welds quality checked
- kiln-dried glue-laminated blocks for maximum strength and bend resistance
- cross-beams available in spruce/pine/fir (SPF) or fir-only
- bamboo and fibreglass options available
- your matting solution is specified and produced by our experts
- variety of lifting lugs – superior Paradox designs
The durability of a rig mat is determined by the thickness and weight of steel in the (cross-beamed) frame and the type of wood used in the mat’s construction. Paradox’s steel frame rig mats are built with specialized features to ensure ease of installation and usage:
- notched boards to fit inside H beam for a smooth working surface
- gusseted frame joints
- side beam shackles
- square end caps for closer-fitting mat placement
Our rig mats make a cost-efficient oil field mat combo when combined with cheaper options. For example, use steel frame rig mats for your construction mat base while using oak mats for your mud matting access needs. The rig mats provide the most robust support for extremely heavy equipment.