We are seeking a labourer to join our team.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform tasks involving physical labour at construction sites.
- Operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations and general cleanup of debris and other waste materials.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Provide assistance to other craft workers.
- Work in adherence to Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
As a successful candidate for this position, you will have:
- Valid CSTS, H2S, First Aid CPR, Ground Disturbance and OSSA certifications.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety policies and procedures including safe lifting and handling.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Physically able to perform job duties lifting up to 50 – 80 lbs.
Whether it’s mud, muskeg, or extreme weather conditions, we understand that every hour without access stands in the way of success. Our Philosophy: Access Granted. Guaranteed. No matter how complicated. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
Send us your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org