Heavy Equipment Operator
We are seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Operate loader and/or excavator to load and unload equipment, matting and other materials.
- Understand load and work limits of the equipment model being operated.
- Operate equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and/or property damage.
- Perform pre-trip inspections, daily safety and maintenance checks and action items accordingly (lubricate, grease etc.)
- Identify needs, deficiencies, and changes in the work plan and/or schedule.
- Keep equipment clean and complete routine maintenance.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Advise the Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Work in adherence to safe work practices, procedures and work site or traffic laws.
- Report all incidents and near misses to the supervisor immediately.
- Complete required paperwork and submit to head office within designated timelines.
As a successful candidate for this position, you will have/be:
- Valid First Aid, CSTS, PCST, H2S, Ground Disturbance and OSSA certifications.
- Be able to work independently and maintain a schedule of work.
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions and be prepared for both extreme heat and cold.
- Have a reliable vehicle to go to and from work.
- Physically able to perform job duties lifting up to 50-80 lbs.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate with coworkers.
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn, work overtime and shift work.
- Successfully pass a drug and alcohol test as well as a health assessment.
Whether it’s mud, muskeg, or extreme weather conditions, we understand that every hour without access stands in the way of success. Our Philosophy: Access Granted. Guaranteed. No matter how complicated. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
Send us your cover letter, resume and driver’s abstract to email@example.com