We are seeking a Foreman to join our team.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing a crew of up to 15 labourers and operators.
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality and production, by ensuring that the crews work to job specifications and follow drawings.
- Ensuring crew compliance with project policies and procedures.
- Assessing competency and capability of the crew; evaluating crew capability, training and coaching to ensure that the crew meets required levels of quality.
- Identifying needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicating these to the Superintendent.
- Report on progress to the Superintendent.
- Ensure crew is adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Complete hazard assessments for each site location.
- Report all accidents to the Superintendent and the HSE Manager.
- Participate in investigations for safety violations.
- Operate heavy equipment when required.
As a successful candidate for this position, you will have/be:
- Proven experience as construction foreman.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and Alberta OHS.
- Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications.
- Knowledge of grade interpretation as related to IFC drawings
- Strong knowledge of scheduling and planning.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and report effectively
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Scope of both one’s own and other construction trades.
- Lead crews in a productive manner.
- A role model who can motivate and mentor the crew.
- Honest and act with integrity.
- Valid Completed safety certifications (e.g.: H2S, CSTS, First Aid, OSSA).
- Leadership/Management training/tickets and asset. (LSE, Legislation Awareness etc.)
- Experienced rough grade/finish excavator operator.
- Experienced utility operator (Skidsteer and Packer).
- Experienced finish grader and dozer operator.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Whether it’s mud, muskeg, or extreme weather conditions, we understand that every hour without access stands in the way of success. Our Philosophy: Access Granted. Guaranteed. No matter how complicated. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
Send us your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org