We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team.
Reporting to the President, you will provide support and coordination to the office of the President and other executive management by effectively performing a wide variety of high-level administrative functions which require considerable confidentiality, initiative, mature and independent judgement. To be successful in this role, you must exercise judgment and handle sensitive information in a tactful and confidential manner, prioritize competing demands within tight deadlines and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Acting as the point of contact between the President/Executive team and internal/external clients.
- Preparation of confidential documents, reports, presentations and briefs.
- Drafts and/or prepares correspondence on behalf of the President, including proofreading for accuracy and correctness.
- Refer and handle matters requiring attention in executive absence.
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, taking messages and routing correspondence.
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner.
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically.
- Process incoming and outgoing courier packages.
- Maintain calendar, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders.
- Collects and prioritizes discussion items for meetings; prepares agendas and minutes, prepares briefs; and follows up on action items as required.
- Organize, write and distribute email, correspondence letters and forms.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management.
- Maintain operation of office supplies. Anticipate office needs; evaluate office products and place orders when necessary.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Support the executive team with meeting, travel and other arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Perform data entry, as required.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
As a successful candidate for this position, you will possess:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, general possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role for a medium sized company.
- An understanding of the Construction/Oil & Gas industry would be considered an asset.
- Highly proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive staff and various corporate personnel.
- Superior time management skills and multitasking skills with a strong sense of urgency under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills with experience in editing and proofreading documents.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong team player with the ability and willingness to assume hands-on roles.
- An adaptable self-starter with results-oriented work style.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- High School diploma; additional qualifications as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant will be a plus.
At Paradox, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Whether it’s mud, muskeg, or extreme weather conditions, we understand that every hour without access stands in the way of success. Our Philosophy: Access Granted. Guaranteed. No matter how complicated. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
Send us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com